Oolong is extracted from the same plant from which tea comes. The difference is only in the method of processing. The leaves of oolong are plucked and not crushed, as is the case with general tea. Despite the fact that it comes from the same plant as your everyday tea, it increases metabolism and prevents absorption of fat into the body, the primary reason of weight loss. If you are wondering about how to lose weight with oolong, keep in mind that you don’t want to consider it as a miracle cure for weight loss. But it is a very good addition to your weight loss meal plan.
Oolong tea has been a traditional Chinese weight loss and digestion enhancing medicine. In a Chinese study, it was shown that with regular consumption of oolong tea for six weeks, your body weight can be reduced. This study led to further investigation of this ingredient along with others with regards to their weight reducing quality.
The effect of oolong tea was also studied by US Agriculture Research Services’ Diet and Human Laboratory. Dr. Willima Rumpler working for the agency set out to investigate the energy expenditure by the body after taking oolong tea. The findings of the result confirmed that oolong tea is beneficial in maintaining optimal weight.
Oolong Tea for Weight Loss
You can prepare oolong tea by following the method given below:
- Add three grams of oolong tea leaves to 300 ml of boiling water.
- Allow the tea to brew for 20 minutes.
- Drink this five times a day.
According to a study reported in the The American Society for Nutritional Science, having this tea five times a day increases your energy expenditure, i.e. burned more calories as well as more of fat.
Facts about Oolong Tea
- Oolong tea can be had cold or hot as it tastes good either way.
- You can get a lot of varieties of oolong tea.
- Having a cup of oolong tea half an hour to an hour before taking a walk, doing yoga or working out would help you reap a lot of health benefits.
- If you have oolong in the afternoon, it would help to prevent cravings for sweets, and energy being sapped.
- If you follow any of the ways of having oolong tea mentioned above, it helps in weight loss as well as maintaining healthy weight.
The weight loss health benefit of oolong tea is because it blocks the absorption of fats and carbohydrates in your body. Studies have made this clear and also the personal experience of many oolong tea drinkers.
Read more articles on Diet & Nutrition